I'm addicted (DS LITE) and I got cash... lots of cash...
02. Mario Kart DS / 4 out of 5 / Classic Mario Kart. Wifi play needed a lot more work, and I haven’t had many chances to play multiplayer but I’m sure that’s good.
03. Kirby Canvas Curse / 1½ out of 5 / SOLD / It was the game that really made me want the DS but after playing an hour or so I didn't want to bother with it anymore. Can’t say for sure if it’s a bad game or not but it just didn’t matter to me.
04. Animal Crossing: Wild World / 3 out of 5 / SOLD / It lasted for about a month and a half. I played at least an average of one hour a day so at the least it lasted me 40+ hours.
05. Ossu! Tatakae! Ouendan! [JPN] / 4½ out of 5 / *THE* import game to get, IMO. I'm indifferent to JPN music and I watch my fair share of anime (I skip the OPs/EDs for the most part) but the music is quirky and "enjoyable." Some of them are actually pretty good. It’s a challenging game, as well.
06. Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney / 3 out of 5 / SUBJECT TO CHANGE / In the middle of case 3. I’m already used to this style of comedy and I thought the characters needed more work, in regards to their back story. Still enjoyable.
07. Feel the Magic / 2 out of 5 / Fun while it lasted. Maybe I'll try to get 100% later on. All I cared about was the love story and getting different outfits. Most of the minigames got boring.
08. Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow / 3 out of 5 / SUBJECT TO CHANGE / Looks a lot better than CV:AoS but the attacking/moving seems slower compared to AoS. Only a few hours in but I already don’t want to collect souls… I’m not the biggest Castlevania fan.
09. New Super Mario Bros. / 5 out of 5 / A few shortcomings but there's no reason not to buy it unless you’re full of contempt for our plump ‘lil plumber. You’ll have to make up challenges for yourself if you want to get the most out of it after completing the game.
10. Super Princess Peach / 1 out of 5 / SOLD / This game's difficulty makes NSMB look like rocket science. Everything seems to be easily found and I digress about how good it could have been… It’s enjoyable for a few worlds but damn did I start to dislike it… I don’t even want to finish it anymore.
11. Trace Memory / T.B.A.
12. Puyo Pop Fever / 2½ out of 5 / SOLD / It's a fun puzzle game, similar to Puzzle Fighter but not. It's lacking in modes to play. I had to quit on puzzle games after this because I'm just too slow now to play well. It’s too bad I never got to try the multiplayer.
13. Bleach DS [JPN] / 4 out of 5 / I'm a bigger fan of One Piece but this fighting game is very fun. I'm usually not a fighting game fan but other than most of the moves being similar in control, I haven't felt love like this for a fighting game since Marvel vs. Capcom 2. Lots of stuff to unlock. I wish there were even more characters to get. I'd die if they made a sequel of this with all the additional characters/moves in the manga.
14. Densetsu no Stafi 4 [JPN] / T.B.A.
15. Brain Age / 3 out of 5 / I’m in my 3rd week of owning this game and it’s still a daily use. It could have done with more stuff to do but it’s still good. Never understood Sudoku until this game and I’m liking it.
16. Lost in Blue / T.B.A.
17. Tennis no Ouji-sama 2005: Crystal Drive [JPN] / T.B.A.
18. Trauma Center: Under the Knife / T.B.A.
Other games I've played (demo or borrowed), quick impressions...
- Super Mario 64 DS / Fair / I loved the N64 version but I really didn't like the controls here. If I had gotten used to it, though... a score of 4+?
- Sonic Rush / Good / Very quick paced. Dual screen usage was very good. My friend tells me it's a very short game. I'm not a big fan of Sonic to begin with.
- Metroid Prime Hunters / Ehh... / Like SM64DS, I couldn't stand getting used to the controls. A FPS on a handheld just sounds crazy, though.
- Jump Superstars [JPN] / Ehh... / I know from reading manga and watching anime, most, if not all of the characters in the game, and I think that the concept is awesome (like Super Smash Bros.) but I really didn’t like the way the battles went from the little I played of it. It’s supposedly similar to SSB (N64 version was the last one I played) but it’s so far below SSB that it isn’t even worth mentioning them in the same breath. I might pick up JSS2 just for the novelty of it, though. I did not get to use any komas, though, which are supposed to be special team moves?
- Meteos / Fair / I played the download station demo. It was fun but I'm really too slow for puzzle games now (see Puyo Pop Fever). I don't think quickly at all. It made me want to pick up Brain Age to sharpen my mind, though. I might pick this up sometime but I'm not so sure.
- Tetris DS / Ehh... / It just didn't seem to be as fun as my sister's GBC version of a Tetris game. I only played push mode and I was expecting it to be a lot of fun but it really wasn't. Maybe the original modes are better.
- True Swing Golf / Ehh... / For golf enthusiasts only? Sorry, didn’t get too much time with it but it didn’t seem too fun.
These are entirely my opinion. Most of the scores not labeled, "subject to change," can still be changed but only if I don't like how the game stacks with a game or games with the same number. EX: I upgraded Bleach DS from 3½ to 4 since I believe it to be better than Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow.
Note: I haven't updated the reviews in a few weeks so... yeah.